Manage Your Favorites in Sage 300 CRE Desktop
by Kyle Zeigler, Sage Senior Certified Consultant
Easier navigation and more features
Sage Desktop has become the one-stop workspace for users of Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate. The top popular feature of Desktop is the ability to create Favorites – shortcuts to the Sage tasks, inquiries, reports and tools selected by the user. You can order and group in whatever way makes the most sense daily, weekly, monthly and annual workflows. Coming in at second place is quick access to Sage mobile applications, the Sage Knowledgebase, Sage City, and other web pages of the user’s choice.
And what was formerly My Tasks is now Favorites – shortcuts to the Sage tasks, inquiries, reports, and tools selected by the user and ordered and grouped in whatever way makes the most sense for the user’s daily, weekly, monthly and annual workflows.
To create your own completely custom lists of Favorites, follow these procedures:
- In Desktop, select Options > Manage Favorites.
- In the Favorites Manager window, right-click in the left-hand pane and select Add New Group.
- Give the group a name.
- Click OK.
- In the right-hand pane, click on the Sage application that contains the Task, Setup, Inquiry, Reports or Tools element that you want to add to the new group.
- Click on the element and drag and drop it to the new group until you see the message “Add to [Group Name].”
- Continue creating your custom groups and adding elements as desired.
- You can right-click on group names or group elements to rename them, move them up or down in the list, and copy or delete them.
- You can also right-click a group name to add a shortcut to one of the following:
- A file available on your computer or network.
- Another program available on your computer or network.
- A web link.
- When you are satisfied with your Favorites, click Save.
Need more help with your software? Check out this article “new Sage 300 CRE user training – where’s the manual?”