Six ways to reduce your Professional Services costs
by Joanie Hollabaugh, Sr. Director of Marketing
Keys to the Kingdom
I know, I know — telling you how NOT to spend money with ETHOSystems may sound counterproductive to our top line. But to truly be a good Sage CRE VAR, we should help you to scale your business while watching your bottom line. Purchasing actual software often represents only HALF (sometimes even more) of the total expense; you still need implementation and consulting hours which add to the total investment. So we’re going to give you the keys to the kingdom – six ways to reduce your professional services costs — with the hope that you’ll reward us with future business needs that we can help you solve!
How to reduce costs during implementation:
- Assign a Scope Leader. Often, the purchasing person is not the same person who is responsible for the implementation within your organization. The Scope Leader should aggregate the requirements from EVERYONE involved in the discovery, selection, and implementation processes and make sure they are included and clearly defined before signing the scope agreement. Also, take the advice of your ETHOSystems implementation Project Manager to avoid additional consulting time.
- Avoid sticker shock. Sign off on the scope before work begins (whether implementation or ad hoc). Often, the overwhelming desire to “put out the fire” may result in a financial debate when the issue has cooled.
- Make an implementation plan. Follow the implementation guideline and earn the core basics first, and then add more modules as your skillset ramps up. Keep customization to a minimum until you you’re familiar with what the system can do. Don’t pay for what you don’t know yet.
- Define key personnel. Provide the points of contact within your company needing support (estimating, accounting, and project management) so all the issues are collected and triaged at once.
- Combine your issues. Don’t one-off 15-minute questions/emails – send one laundry list a day, to reduce maximum billing time.
- Don’t pay twice! When a consultant is onsite, make sure you archive the “fix” or resolution and save it for future reference. You’d be surprised at how many companies pay for fixing the same problem for different personnel!
Want more tips on how to reduce your professional services costs? Check out our PS webpage with all the ways we can help YOU help your business. All of the Sage support options are listed with links for your convenience!
Also please visit our Implementation Process – ETHOSystems that explains the methodology and processes we use.
- Accounting and Taxes
- Business Advice for Construction
- COVID-19 Help
- Lean Management for Construction
- Press Releases
- Professional Services
- Sage 100 Contractor
- Sage 300 CRE
- Sage Customer Relationship Management
- Sage Estimating
- Sage Intacct
- Thought Leadership
- Year-End help Sage CRE
- Sales Tax Processing within Sage Intacct #MakeYourForemanHappy
- Sage Intacct Real Estate: Interview with a Sage Expert #MakeYourForemanHappy
- Summer Sage Intacct Free Training Dates- RSVP today! #MakeYourForemanHappy
- Sage Intacct and Procore Integration #MakeYourForemanHappy
- ETHOSystems named one of Bob Scott’s Top 100 VAR Stars in 2022!